Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Chair For My Mother

I am lucky to have a mom who still enjoys handmade items from me even at my age.
 
I sooooo love this about her. 
 
Besides, I get my craftiness from her, so the apple didn't fall far from the tree. 
 
I saw a chair makeover on a local site, and knew my mom would love a similar look.
 
My booth mate had the perfect chair.
 
She painted it "cloud" blue from our line of handmade chalk-like paint and removed the seat.
 
Love, Love, Love~
 
 
I distressed and waxed it to add a little more "shabbiness."
 
 
 I made a quick trip to the local Michael's Arts and Crafts store and purchased a precut letter "M" and a burlap bow. (Don't forget your coupon.)
I attached the materials to the back of the chair.
 
 
I added a beautiful fern from Home Depot in the "seat" part of the chair frame.
 

 
I tried it out on my porch for a couple of days before giving it to my mom.
 
My mom had the perfect spot on her patio. (My mom has a knack for decorating, that unfortunately, I didn't get.)
 
Happy Mother's Day!
 
Thanks for stopping by~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...