Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

An Easy Owl Burlap Door Hanger


It's EVERYWHERE~
A lot of decor I see these days has a commonality- BURLAP!
I love burlap~
The smell (yea, I know I'm in the minority with this one.  I worked in the fields as an adolescent, so I had the opportunity to bond with tobacco burlap bags more than most people my age.), the texture, the naturalness, and it's flexibility of uses. It can do most anything.

We have three AwEsOmE ladies on my second grade team who have chosen different paths next year. (Insert sniff, tear, sniff, tear)
Two of them big puffy heart OWLS, so I thought I would make an "until next time" gift from this fun material.

I saw these cuties on etsy.



I'm not going to reinvent the wheel of tutorials with this project because there are so many tutorials out there in blogland, they will make your head swim. So I've found a few simple ones to use as models. Head over to The Francis Family and Junque 2 Jewels. They each have great tutorials.   I modified each of these a bit to make them work for me.

The final results~










Thanks for stopping by~


3 comments:

  1. I like yours BETTER than the etsy version. Seriously. SO CUTE! Do you think you could make an elephant? :)

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Junque 2 Jewels shout out - love you finished project! OWL-dorable : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...