Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fitness...in a Jar

2012 for many of us brings a list of resolutions we plan to resolve in the new year. However many come to past unresolved by the year's end.  The most common of these resolutions relate to health and fitness goals-eating healthier and exercising more. Once again this year, I have challenged myself to exercise more- but with a monetary incentive.  A FB friend posted on her page a while back of how she pays herself with money each time she works out.  I thought- WOW- what a novel idea.  So this is how it works.  Each time that I work out for at least 30 minutes, I will place $1.00 into this jar.
  I've encouraged Todd (my fiance') to join "The Fitness Jar" as well.  As you can see from the jar, our workouts have been limited.  On the other hand, we have started and starting is the most difficult part.  I think thus far we have earned $7.00.  At the end of the year, we will take the contents and treat ourselves to something special.



Luckily for us, we have access to a free indoor track in our town to run or walk.  Oh, maybe I shouldn't exactly say free. The town taxes were raised to help pay for this facility, so I guess, I am paying for it.


 Want to learn more?  Read  this article.

So if this is something motivational for you-  GO FOR IT~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...