Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Walt Disney World

About two weeks ago my family and I flew to the greatest place on earth- where ALL your DREAMS come true.  You guessed it- Disney World in Florida. We had a fan-tabulous time.  The weather was great, the hotel was out of this world, and the food was yummy, yummy to our tummies.


 But what souvenier to you get all the family members back home? Those who stated clearly before you left, "Don't forget to bring me something." Possible ideas came to mind- the free cutsie Mickey Mouse soap and lotions from the resort, a souvenir penny from one of the parks  , a post card with none other than Mickey himself, a backscratcher , or that shirt that says "My family went to Disney World and all I got was this t-shirt" or a mug.   With much thought we I decided on giving everyone a family photo. A few of the Disney photographers took various photos over our 5 day stay.  However I couldn't just place a photo in an envelope and address it to the 10+ addresses.  I mean, presentation is key.  So I came up with this cute card.





Materials:
  • Mickey Font Cricut Cartridge (My wonderful TA let me borrow her cartridge. Yay!)


  • Package of 8 blank  black/white polka dot cards (I found these at A.C. Moore for around $3.99. Cheaper with a 50% off coupon.)
  • Cardstock: red, yellow, black
  • Black brads (optional)
  • "Just For You" rubber stamp (mine is a dollar stamp from Studio G)
Cut from the Cricut:
  • 4 1/2 inch yellow full Mickey Mouse head from yellow cardstock
  • 4 inch full Mickey Mouse head from red cardstock
  • 2- 4 inch half Mickey heads (caps) from black cardstock
  • 3/4 inch "2012" from yellow cardstock
  • 1 inch Mickey head from yellow cardstock

Cut from scraps:
(Front)
  • 3 1/2 x 2 red rectangle
  • 3 1/4 x 1 1/2 black rectangle
  • 3 x 1 1/4 yellow rectangle

(Inside)
  • 6 3/4 x 4 3/4 red rectangle
  • 6 1/2 x 4 1/2 yellow rectangle

Now that you have all the pieces cut, use the pictures as a guide to help assemble the card. Because I love reusing handmade cards, I just placed the photo inside.  This allows the receiver to reuse the card.  Kinda like two gifts in ONE. Have fun and enjoy.

Love the card, but don't want to make it or don't have the materials.  Let me know. I'll be glad to make you one, two, or a few for a minimal cost.







                                        
                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...