Four decades old.
The big 4-0.
Lordy, Lordy I have reached 40
And truly consider it a blessing~
To commemorate this milestone, I decided with inspiration from these two great ladies- Becka and Robyn to do 40 Acts of Kindness. No need for a birthday cake or presents. No need for 40 roses or an Over the Hill mug. The gift of giving to others,for me, is far more rewarding.
Beginning on February 1, my goal was to commit 40 acts of kindness by today- February 22. Some acts were planned whereas many were random. Many opportunities just seemed to reveal themselves as I committed other kind acts, so I tried to take advantage of these moments.
1. Donation of 40 sharpened pencils to the Public Library (They never have enough.)
2. 40 Handmade Cards for Valentine's For Veterans (Sure hope they felt the love)
4. 40 Books to a Pediatricians Office for the kids to read while waiting
5. 40 Brownies to a local Elementary School to celebrate Chocolate Day for the teaching staff (Great idea from the PTA)
7. 40 Books to a book drive at a local elementary school
8. Pushed 40 shopping carts in the Walmart Parking Lot to the "buggy" corral (the parking lot was a sea of abandoned carts)
9. 40 freshly baked cookies to our school Guidance Counselor for National Counselor's Week (Thanks for all you do Mrs. Bissette)
10. Handmade fleece scarf for one of my "besties" (Tara is a true model of RAK)
11. 40 Freshly baked mini chocolate chip cookies for my son's Guidance Counselor for National Counselor's Week (Hats off to Ms. Wilcut)-sorry for the "fuzzy" photo
12. Donated 40 food items to the local food bank
13. Made an effort to allow a minimum of one car per day to pull out ahead of me during rush commute to work
14. Bought coffee for the SUV behind me at Starbucks
15. Donated 20 chicken sandwiches to a Woman's Transition home in Raleigh
17. 40 Water bottles and packets to celebrate staff birthdays at my school
18. Baked 40 red velvet cupcakes for the staff on Valentine's Day (A great Pinterest idea.)
19. Make 40+ candy treats for the staff on Valentine's Day to let them know that they are "Out of this World"
20. Gave 10 cereal boxes to a class for a project in progress (I know the cereal box book reports will turn out FAB.)
21. Donated 40 items to Wake Relief
22. Cut out 40 coupons and placed them next to the product at one of the local Harris Teeter grocery stores (It was double coupon week at Harris Teeter)
23. 40 diapers to a new mom in the neighborhood
24. Cut out 40 inspirational Bible Verses and placed them on the public bulletin board at Lowe's Foods
25. Collected 40 Box Tops and donated them to a second grade class (That's $4.00 in Box Tops cash)
26. Donated 40 items to a local goodwill store who supports Alzheimer's Research (in honor of my Grandma who suffers from this terrible disease)
27. Donated $$$ to Relay for Life
28. Put $1.00 in the drink machine at Wal-mart
31. Mowed the sidewalk stretch of grass for my neighbor
32. Bought two boxes of Girl Scout cookies from a Troop perched at Harris Teeter
34. Donated money to Easter Seals
35. Donated 40 plastic bags to the school plastic bag competition with Harris Teeter (totally glad to do this-Who doesn't have a trillion of these?)
36. Left a package Thanks a Lot Girl Scout cookies I purchased from the Troop outside Harris Teeter for my mail carrier
38. Gave 40 pieces of gum to my TA for her dad. He gives out gum to others at the Veteran's hospital.
40. Sent $40.00 to two great people for their birthdays-Happy Birthday Mr. Dalmer (February 21) and Grandma Florence (February 23)
My challenge to you is to carry out an act of kindness and post it here~
My goal is to get 40 responses~
Can I depend on YOU????????????