Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Meet Hot Lips: A Chair Makeover

Hubby Jagger bought me a subscription to the HGTV Magazine for Christmas.


While browsing through the magazine, I came to an immediate halt at this page.
WOW! is exactly right. This color is absolutely eye catching, fun, and BOLD.  I definitely wanted to paint something  Hot Lips by Benjamin Moore.


 I quickly texted my booth mate,Melodie, to inquire as to if she had a chair I could paint. (My furniture surplus is very low.) Yippee, she had this chair!  I made a quick dash to the local Ace Hardware to get a sample can of Hot Lips!
 

After a quick sanding, I applied a coat of white primer on the chair.


Then a coat of tinted primer. (I mixed some of the paint with white primer.) I could have easily just tinted the primer at the beginning, however the white, to pink, to hot lips color actually let me see missed spots.


Next came a seat cover choice.  I rummaged through my stash of scraps.  This is what I came up with.

Melodie suggested the black and white brocade as the first choice, however I didn't have enough scrap to completely cover the seat. Our next choice was...

CHEVRON!


I love the end result~





One last before and after~ 
Thanks for stopping by~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...