Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Fountain of Youth in a Box! Is Birchbox For Me?....and a 200 Followers Celebration

I can relate to Sarah in the popular book Sarah, Plain and Tall when it comes to appearance. I'm a simple girl. Never been big on the latest make-up or skin products or even the cutest hairstyles.  As a matter of fact, I didn't wear make-up until my Jr. Prom in High School, took a break until Senior Prom, then abandoned it all together until I got a teaching job. One would probably call me lazy, but I just fully relied on what the good Lord gave me. Just plain and simple. And the fact that I didn't want to spend more than 15 minutes getting dressed in the morning made the "natural look" all the more popular with me.

Now that I'm 40, the body, skin, hair, and everything starts doing an age dance. A dance that makes me a little anxious and very nervous. I've been told my entire adulthood life thus far, that I don't look my age. Not older by the way:-)   I would love  to keep it that way, so I'm not sure how much longer I can keep it up without some outside assistance.  

Daily I hear and read about Birchbox and the excitement that it brings each month with the  MYSTERY products that the recipient receives. So I convinced myself to try it for a few months. It couldn't hurt and I may bring this aging process to a halt.  Or at least S-L-O-W it down and look even more radiant in the process. Each month I will receive a few samples of beauty products in a cute cardboard box (that I will turn into greeting card holders) to try.  If I like the product, I can order a larger size on line.  If not, then nothing really is lost because I can pass them on to my gal pals.  

My first Birchbox arrived last week.  With some excitement and giddiness, I opened the package.  Neatly packed inside was ....







I'm actually very excited to add more items to my hot pink pencil container that I call a make-up box.  Currently, it only houses a bottle of Oil of Olay, Covergirl Foundation, lip gloss, and blush that my parents bought for me about 6 years ago.  So the extra company will be accepted I'm sure with open "lids."




For you Educators in the bunch, "click" on over to Jenn at Hello Mrs. Sykes and enter her giveaway.  A lot of great gals have decided to team up with her and  celebrate reaching 200 followers. So don't miss out~







1 comment:

  1. Oooo! I've been wanting to try Birchbox for a while - let me know if you like it!! :)

    Thanks for the shout-out!

    ~Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...