Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Nature's Song

Last month, in Nicole's post at Pencil Skirts and Noodle Necklaces, she posed the questions-

What is your outlet?  Do you have one?

Yes, I do have an outlet? 
A few actually.

When life is throwing me lemons, I choose not to make lemonade. 

Instead, I usually I go into my craft room and create.  I create whatever comes to mind - cards, mini scrapbooks, altered journals, coasters, and the list goes on.  Crafting tends to get my mind off the things that are bugging me. 

Even more than crafting, I like to go down to the lake.  Early in the morning. It's where nature sings a calming lullaby.  Songs that take me to a place of serenity.  It's at the lake that I sit and listen or take a stroll along a quiet trail.  Its there that I let God and nature take over my mind.  It is there that I can take a deep breath and smile.  It is there that there are no expectations.  Just pure enjoyment.

This past Saturday, before most of my small town was up, I took a short drive to the lake.
Parked.
Stepped out...
And let nature's harmonious song begin.


The soothing sound of running water....


The breathtaking view. No sound needed. Just the view.


A bunny enjoying breakfast


The constant sound of buzzing bees


The chirping of birds on a quiet trail


Squirrels nibbling on corn as they sway on a feeder to and fro


It is here that I let God and nature take over my mind, body, and soul.


I escape to a place we call NATURE. I turn up the volume and let it play a tune that only it can play.  I listen keenly and carefully. Listening for every note.   Because it takes me away, even if it's temporary, to a place of zen. No troubles, no stress...

Just PEACE...

and total TRANQUILITY...












And then I get back into my truck,

And head back to reality....

With a new frame of mind:-)


So I pose the questions, What is your outlet?  Do you have one?



6 comments:

  1. I love this! What a great outlet - several actually! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel more peaceful after reading this post... thanks for the reminder to slow down and see what is around us. :)

    ~Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nature is great for that, isn't it? When my grandparents had a lake house, I used to go fishing- and something about patiently sitting and fishing was just perfect for relaxing.

    Reading also helps me get away, but writing things out is my usual course of action!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nature is great~ So peaceful, so calming. I would love to own a small cottage in the mountains near a running stream. Ahhhh!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...