Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Home of Nicholas Sparks

This past weekend Hubby Jaggar and I took the kids on a mini vacation to the coast.  I truly love living in the Tarheel State.  There is no lack of history or interesting places to visit at any time of the year.  We made a stop in New Bern.  For those of you who are Nicholas Sparks fans, you know this is where he resides.  It is also the setting in a few of his best sellers. 

This picture was taken a few years ago at a book signing at a local Barnes and Noble


This rich historic town is also the second oldest town in North Carolina, only to Bath.  It is home of Tryon Palace and once was the location of the state capital.  Sadly, I didn't spot Nicholas roaming around town, however I did see some wonderful sights. 
Enjoy~




















 
What do you enjoy about your state? Share your comments~

3 comments:

  1. Love New Bern! My Mom and I went and toured Tryon Palace last year. Enjoy your vacation! :)

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time! I love Nicholas Sparks books too. I had a friend tell me the other day that she was reading the Nicholas Sparks book that took place in North Carolina. I laughed and said they all take place there!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do I love about Michigan? I could write a book about it! A lake as large as an ocean, beaches, skiing, trees changing, sledding, everything!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...