Sunday, January 20, 2013

Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because It Happened!

My track-out is over.  For the last month, I have enjoyed working and creating new items for my consignment shop.  I've become obsessed visiting surplus sales, yard sales,  antique shops, Goodwill stores, book stores, and ReCrEaTiNg in my craft room and garage.  I don't want it to end. I DoN't WaNt It To EnD. I DON"T WANT IT TO END.   And yes, I'm crying because it's over and smiling because it happened.  Did I mention I was crying because it's over? This has been my hardest track out - in terms of being ready to go back. I won't have this opportunity again for another 9 weeks.

My students come back to school on Tuesday.  I work in a year round school- 9 weeks on, 3 weeks off.  This year because we are double tracked on all tracks, we have to pack up our classroom twice during the school year onto roll carts.  We then roll them into a track out space where our classroom goodies hangout for about three weeks and celebrate. Then, on my last workday before tracking in, which by the way is usually optional or an Early Release, I have to reassemble my classroom in just a few hours and be ready for students as if it were the first day of school.

The problem came on Thursday night when we were forecasted to have SNOW. Oh, no! SNOW! Many people would jump for joy to have snow, but oh not me.  I needed to track into a classroom (even though the opportunity to stay home and create more goodies for my shop was very inviting) and the teacher I was following needed to finish tracking out of her room.  I was already destroyed by the fact that I will now have limited time- very limited time- to add to my shop. Now the  possibility of canceled school and setting up my classroom before the arrival of students added to my anxiety.  This would mean my students would show up on Tuesday morning with our classroom still on three carts outside our soon to be classroom.

On Friday, the school system posted a two hour delay- Hooray!  No cancellation. While school wouldn't start until 11:15 a.m., I hurried to school at 7:45 and assembled a classroom in just 3 1/2 hours. I unpacked these three carts without the other teacher's consent, but she was jiggy with it when she arrived around 10:30 a.m. Now my classroom is set up. I am going to make the best of my last extended weekend for a few months and CREATE!

I am now stepping off my soap box. 

Have a great week and follow my Facebook page~

Thanks for stopping by~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...