Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cotton Candy, Deep Fried Everything, and the Fair...Oh My!

The fair is in town!
The fair is in town!

I just love the fair!
Don't you?

I can't remember a year that I have not been to the State Fair.

Growing up, one Saturday in October after the fair opened, my family and I would always rise and shine early in the morning to make the two hour trip to the N.C. State Fair in the Capital City.  It was an all day event that we looked forward to each and every year.  We always parked on the same street, walked through the same gate, and basically took the same route through the fair grounds each and every year.  I could walk through the fair with my eyes closed. Literally!

Something changed four years ago.
I moved to a suburb right outside the Capital City.
So the two hour trip shrunk to a mere 20 minutes.

All those childhood routines of the fair changed.
Change can be hard.
And change can be GREAT!

I now go to the fair on the opening day.
I park in the lot belonging to the NC State Wolfpack located at the back of the fairgrounds. Who knew it existed?
I have no set routine.
I just go where the smells take me.
And I love it just the same.

What do you love about the fair?
I love...

 the ARTISANS...

 
This guy stated that he was showing me his best side-lol!
 
 
the CONTESTS...

I will definitely be making one of these babies...a dragonfly from a staircase spindle and ceiling fan blades.  How creative!
Look at the size of these pumpkins!
 
 
the FOOD...
 Homemade ice cream~ Yummy, yummy to my tummy!
 
 
 

Popcorn, cotton candy, candy apples, and funnel cakes. Need I say more?
 
 
the RIDES...
 
 
 




The GAMES...
  The Wizard Of Oz...Yay~
 
 
 
The BOOTHS...
 
and the FIREWORKS...
 
 
This year I spotted these new interests. A booth depicting my Native American Heritage and "Maple."  Maple is the cousin of Ivy from Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom.  Her make up was breathtaking and she moved with such grace and elegance.  Also, one booth had deep fried Girl Scout Cookies.  Wow! What will they come up with next?
 
                         
 
What is your favorite part of the fair?
Share!

 


3 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! We don't really have one of those in RI, so I'm a little jealous!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to go every year JUST to buy fudge. Ever since I learned to make my own, I make it in October and haven't dragged myself to the fair for four years now. I think that I would definitely go if I was tracked out during fair time. :)

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac
    Second Grade Freebies

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went this past weekend! My favorite part right now is watching my kids enjoy the fair. :) The world is pretty special when you look through their eyes.

    ~Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...